Gaza violence launched by Hamas to attack Israel
Reprinted from Daily Alert
May 17, 2018
- Israel Defends Itself Against Palestinian Attackers from Gaza – Editorial
Those killed and wounded by Israeli border-defense troops weren’t singing and chanting peacefully. They were planting explosives, firing guns and launching Molotov cocktails and kites carrying burning fuel into Israeli territory to set farm fields aflame.
Hamas officials told them their mission was to “liberate Palestine.” They even encouraged demonstrators to burst through the fences by falsely telling them Israeli soldiers were fleeing their positions in fear. In the most cynical turn, Hamas ordered rioters to set fire to the main crossing for commercial goods and humanitarian aid into Gaza.
In short, Israel successfully defended a violent attack by an enemy openly calling for its destruction. Any other country would do the same, and rightly so. (New York Post)
- Hamas Are Manipulating Gaza Citizens – Lee Harpin
Stephen Crabb, the Conservative Friends of Israel chair in Parliament, said Monday: “Hamas are manipulating the citizens of Gaza into the kind of actions we have been seeing and they are blatantly encouraging acts of terror and are seeking to bring chaos and terror and death onto Israeli soil….We recognize the responsibility the Israeli government has to defends its own citizens, the legitimacy of the right to defend itself.”
“Every single time there is an attack on Israel…the international community is very quick to demand that the Israeli government demonstrates it’s taking all steps possible to avoid human suffering.” (Jewish Chronicle-UK)
- We Stand with Israel on Gaza Violence – David Harris
We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Israel at this difficult time on the Gaza border. There should be total clarity. The latest round of violence was triggered by Hamas, a terrorist organization as designated by both the U.S. and EU, whose charter and rhetoric are nothing less than genocidal in their stated aims regarding Israel and the Jewish people.
Critics of Israel have sought to portray this situation as “peaceful protests by Gazans,” but the protests are not peaceful. The goal is to breach an internationally-recognized border between Israel and Gaza, to penetrate Israel, and, as Hamas spokesmen have repeatedly declared, to slaughter Jews.
What choice does Israel have if a variety of non-lethal means fails to stop the demonstrators from trying to enter Israel and wreak havoc? What exactly would other countries do in a similar situation? To its credit, the U.S. has stood firmly by Israel’s side throughout these weeks of escalating violence, defending Israel’s absolute right to protect its citizens. We thank Washington for this moral clarity, when too many others suffer from moral fog. The writer is CEO of the American Jewish Committee. (PR Newswire)
Video: Hamas Says “Children and Women Make the Best Human Shields” – Matt Bradley (MSNBC)
David Keyes, spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, told MSNBC on Tuesday:
- “Hamas’ interior minister said that ‘children and women make the best human shields.’ That’s not my words. It’s an exact quote from Fathi Hamad, Hamas’ interior minister….What kind of people send women and children into the frontlines, hoping that they die?”
- “The same group which has been helping organize this march – Hamas…openly calls not just for the death of every Israeli soldier, but for the death of every Jew, and not just every Jew – every American.”
- “This is what we’re up against and it’s a tragedy because instead of investing in their own people, they’re actually telling their children to go and wage war against Israel. It’s insanity.”
- “There are people who stayed very far away from Israel’s border and didn’t try to infiltrate into Israel, and they can protest as much as they want. But when we saw masses of people gathering, with the express aim of infiltrating into Israel, in order to kill women and children, we did what any state in the world would have done, which is protect our people.”
- “Iran not only fired 20 missiles just a few days ago at Israel. It also funded and armed Hizbullah and Hamas, who have launched tens of thousands of missiles at Israel. It’s blown up Jews around the world. It’s openly calling for our annihilation.”
- “Those are acts of war which Israel has been the recipient of for far too long….Iran’s aim is very clear – the total annihilation of Israel. We cannot let that happen, and we will not let that happen.”